Welcome to the FDAC website.
The club was formed in 1953 by the local mine workers and was first called Area No 4. When the mines closed down the name changed to Ferryhill and District Angling Club and has grown from a club with one pond and a small number of members to having members from all over Great Britain. Members can now choose from three ponds and several different rivers.
The club is a mixed angling club which caters for both the pleasure angler and the specimen angler. The fish that the members have caught range from minnows to large carp in the ponds and from gudgeon to sea trout and salmon in the rivers.